Domain Name Disputes
We represent clients in the sale and acquisition of domain names and in litigation of domain name ownership under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) including domain recovery, domain dispute resolution and domain name law generally.
E-commerce in Cyprus is regulated by the Electronic Commerce Law (156(I)/2004) which entered into force on the 30 April 2004 for the purpose of the implementation of Directive 2000/31/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
Chambers & Co, can advise on setting up an e-commerce business that is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
We offer advice on:
- GDPR and personal data related issues.
- Cybersecurity and data security.
- Regulation of electronic payments.
- Online advertising and marketing issues.
- Online trade of products and services.
- Consumer warranties.
- Terms and conditions of e-commerce businesses.
- Cross-border taxation and Vat requirements and implications.