Cyprus Pink Slip: Temporary Residence Permit
What is a Cyprus Pink Slip?
The Cyprus temporary residence permit, also known as the Pink Slip, allows non-European Union passport holders to extend their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). This permit is suitable for tourists and visitors who wish to extend their stay beyond the duration of their initial visa. Applicants must apply before their current visa expires.
Validity and Renewal of a Cyprus Pink Slip
The Pink Slip in Cyprus is valid for one year and can be renewed annually. It permits a person to live in Cyprus as a visitor without the right to work. Family members, including spouse and children under 18 years old, can obtain the Pink Slip as dependents. The whole family applies at the same time, and each family member must file a separate application form and receive their temporary residence card.
- Cannot stay out of Cyprus for more than three months continuously, or the permit will be automatically canceled.
- No right to work in Cyprus.
- Granted only to non-EU nationals who wish to extend their stay in Cyprus.
- Valid for one year, renewable annually.
Eligibility for a Cyprus Pink Slip
To be eligible for the Pink Slip, applicants must demonstrate:
- Adequate income from abroad to cover living expenses while residing in Cyprus (estimated €25,000 – €30,000 for a three-member family).
- Ownership or rental of a house or apartment.
Cyprus Pink Slip Application Process
- Complete the application form (MVIS5) for a temporary residence permit in Cyprus as a visitor, one for each family member.
- Provide a rental agreement or sale agreement of a house/apartment, with a minimum one-year rental agreement (a copy of it certified by Muhtar or certifying officer & stamped at tax office).
- Provide a bank statement and proof of transfer from abroad, with a deposit/transfer of €24,000 in a Cyprus bank account, increased by 20% for the spouse and 15% for each child.
- Set up a bank guarantee in a Cyprus bank, one for each family member (amount depends on nationality; not required for applicants from certain countries).
- Obtain health insurance (international or local, with an average cost of €175 per person).
- Undergo medical exams in Cyprus (only for the first permit, not for renewals), including blood tests for Hepatitis B and C, HIV, and syphilis, and a chest X-ray report for tuberculosis, stamped by a specialist doctor.
- Provide documents to prove income from abroad, such as employment, bank deposits, or pension.
- Submit a passport copy, marriage certificate (if applicable), children’s birth certificates (if applicable), school enrolment confirmation for children, and a criminal record from the country of origin or residence.
- Pay the Cyprus government fees: €70 for each family member for application and registration.
- Submit the application at the Immigration Unit of the city where the applicant resides.
Legal Services for Cyprus Pink Slip Application
Our law firm offers comprehensive services to guide you through the entire Pink Slip application process. Our experienced team is dedicated to ensuring a smooth and efficient experience, with the goal of obtaining a successful outcome for your temporary residence permit application. Our services include:
- Consultation and advice on eligibility, requirements, and the application process.
- Assistance in gathering and preparing all necessary documentation, including translations and certifications.
- Completing and submitting application forms on your behalf.
- Booking the submission date for your application and attending the meeting with you.
- Monitoring the progress of your application and following up with the immigration authorities as needed.
- Receiving the immigration permit cards upon approval and delivering them to you.
- Providing guidance on renewals and any changes in your circumstances that may affect your temporary residence permit status.
By entrusting our law firm with your Cyprus Pink Slip application, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is being handled by professionals who are familiar with the intricacies of Cyprus immigration law. Our team is dedicated to providing personalised service and support throughout the entire process, ensuring that you and your family can focus on enjoying your extended stay in Cyprus.