As part of the efforts of the Ministry of Health to strengthen the immunity of groups of the population that are more vulnerable to severe disease, and following the decision of the Council of Ministers of 22 March 2022 on the administration of the booster 4th and 3rd dose of a vaccine against COVID-19, the Ministry of Health informs that the administration of the booster dose will begin as of Wednesday 30 March 2022, through the walk-in vaccination centres operating in all districts.
a) In the first phase, the booster dose will be administered to people over 80 years of age, to persons who live or work in Senior People’s homes and closed structures regardless of age, provided that the period of five (5) months has elapsed since receiving the booster/3rd dose.
- An identification document (identity card, passport) and the vaccination card must be provided for the administration of the vaccine to people over 80 years of age.
- An update will follow regarding the vaccination with a booster dose of people aged 70 years and over, healthcare professionals and immunosuppressed individuals.
- The administration of the booster/4th dose of a vaccine is optional.
b) The booster/3rd dose for individuals aged 12-17 will be administered with the Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA vaccine, provided that the period ofsix (6) months after receiving the 2nd dose has elapsed.
- An identification document (identity card, passport) and the vaccination card must be provided for the administration of a vaccine to individuals aged 12-17.
- The administration of the booster/3rd dose of a vaccine is optional.
Operating time of vaccination centres (walk-in): Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am – 3 pm Wednesday: 8 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm.